So we are already in the works of creating the new nursery because a) Ella got her big girl bed a few weeks ago, so naturally the crib was moved over to the soon-to-be nursery b) my parents bought us a glider for the new baby (even before I found out I was pregnant) and since I am cleaning out the storage area in the basement that had to go and c) because of Matthew's busy training schedule he will be unable to help a portion of each month until baby arrives with anything needing his help at all being finished by sometime in April. With that being said, tonight we were working on the glider. Matthew had carried it up earlier today and when he got home from hunting asked Ella if she would like to help him put it together. This sent Ella in to some crazy, excited, big sister mode. She was WIRED for about 30 minutes, exclaiming:
"Baby home soon!" "Baby Ella's house!" "Ocean, baby ocean with meeee!" "Help build baby new chair!"
and a gazillion other extremely loud statements said with tons of excitement! She was running around like a crazy kid carrying pieces to the chair. And while we had to take a break to look up the company info and request missing hardware she wasted no time and got straight to work. She got out her tools and started placing pieces on top of others and hammering away. She was quite proud of her progress and told us to, "Come see. Ella build it!" And when I asked her if we had an excited big sister on our hands she yelled, "YEAHHHHHH!"
Needless to say, Ella was a bit excited tonight. And my post does her amount of excitement no justice. I only wish I had it all on video! For us to always look back on and to share it with all of you. I did get a small portion of her "building" at the end of it all but she was almost over it at this point and was not impressed with my idea to record her.
No comments:
Post a Comment