As I looked at piles of crap EVERYWHERE and all the crumbs that littered the kitchen floor, I wondered what it was that was keeping me from reaching at least a happy medium between the current (and unfortunately often) state of my house and the perfection that it used to be...that I so badly want back?! I'm okay with a mess of toys strung about the house. As long as it gets picked up at the end if the day (most days). But I AM NOT okay with how it is now!
And although I have yet to come up with a solution and get this house clean up and in order...I have come to realize at least part of the problem. I'm guessing it has something to do with my daily migranes. These things are debilitating and keep me from really accomplishing anything other than meeting basic needs (food, water, sometimes bathing and clothing) until well after noon. Sometimes able to function during Ella's nap time and sometimes not. Today feels a lot like a "not" day as she lays curled up on my lap sleeping, as I type this. My head is POUNDING! Yet, I truly NEED to accomplish a few housekeeping tasks. Toys on living room floor can wait, crusty dishes in the sink...not so much. Shower needing a scrub can wait (for a little bit longer) but preparing lunch for a little girl and a pregnant momma...not so much.
You all know how it is. Sometimes you just have to keep on keepin on. So I'm not really writing this post to moan and complain bc it's just a fact if life but I guess I'm sort of writing this post in hopes that I can play a mind over matter game here and push through this migrane! Today my goal is to accomplish what I MUST and to eventually, hopefully much sooner rather than later, not feel like I'm drowning in a house of crap and crud on a daily basis. ICK!
1 comment:
I would say your house being a disaster is due to your intelligence. You are smart enough to know what is important! We all know that "Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow, because babies grow up we learn from our sorrows. So mess quiet down and dirt go to sleep, for I'm tending to babies and babies don't keep!"
Hang in there! Love you! Mom
Post a Comment