I'm feeling the need to declutter and get rid of things we no longer use (or at least put them in attic storage until we leave this house). I'm feeling the need to rearrange, to redecorate, and to re-evaluate how we do pretty much anything and everything!
I like the feeling of a fresh start...a new mind set. And I'm thinking a renewed and rejuvenated environment will help me all the more! ;) Typically, each time we move I kind of get that. And I like it. And in the almost 5 years Matthew and I have been married, we've never lived anywhere for a whole year...until now. Currently we are at the 15 month mark; and while I'm no where near ready to move, (I'm digging the stability with having a toddler and a baby on the way) I am itching to switch things up a bit.
My mental to-do list for the coming days/months looks a little something like this...
▪️Clean out storage area in basement. Toss or donate what we haven't used in years. Move items we will not use in this house (things like curtains that don't fit windows in this house but might fit in the next, etc) but are not getting rid of, to the attic. Reorganize what we will keep there and make room for new items to be put there (like toys Ella has outgrown, baby won't use for a while, but will use while we still love here).
▪️Sort through toys and decide what to keep out for baby, what to put in storage, what to put in the new playroom, and what to leave out for Ella and find a place for the bajillion new things she got for her birthday and Christmas, thanks to all our generous family and friends!! :)
▪️Reorganize Ella's closet/room and add some final decorating touches (finally)!
▪️Start on the nursery...since it's already mid-transition with Ella getting a new bed and so many new toys...just so that it's not a disaster zone.
▪️Create the downstairs playroom... with the goal of making it a fun place for kids but still a nice looking place for the guest suite we've got going on in the basement :) Sort of a very pretty and very organized chaos type of room. Or something like that. I have a mental image of what I want...yet I know, in reality, will be nothing like that (mostly bc when houses are temporary it's not always worth the $$ and you just make do).
▪️Master bedroom makeover. Essentially just new bedding and a few new accents.
▪️Add to and change up some decor throughout the house.
▪️Continue with my quest to have a place for everything and to keep every part of the house reasonably organized at all times. If there isn't a place/use for it...it needs to go!!
▪️Develop more of a routine and better daily habits.
▪️Spend more uninterrupted, quality time playing with our little girl. I want to set aside time each day to be fully engaged in what it is we are doing! No running to switch over laundry mid playdough creation but for a certain amount if time each day out everything on hold and just play! Get out and about more and try not to get too caught up in the daily grind. Take walks, go on trips to local places, work on kid craft projects, come up with and take part in silly activities like balloon rockets and dress up and glow baths.
▪️Get out as a family more often (beyond trips to Home Depot and the Mexican restaurant. Go to more parks/playgrounds, chuck e cheese, the zoo, take walks to the mail box, etc.
▪️Spend more one-on-one time with my husband (we've averaged a date per year since having Ella...we might need to step up our game).
▪️Prepare healthier, more well-balanced meals for my family.
▪️Focus more on finances...work harder at paying off debt and saving for the future.
▪️Make time for more "me time", especially for crafts!
▪️Continuously strive to be a better me! For my own good and for the good of others!
So the list could go on forever...but i think that's a good start. I'm not expecting all these things to change over night and I'm not expecting perfection. I just want overall improvement, taking it all one step at a time.
1 comment:
I could keep ella for you for awhile, that would be a change right?
Post a Comment