22 December 2013

Sleep Time Independence?!

Baby girl is testing out the whole independence thing, specifically in regards to sleeping! She's a little weary but it seems she sort of wants it...I think I might feel a little bit the same.

Today she got to nap in her big girl bed for the first time and I'm pretty sure she loved it, as she hung out in her bed for a while after waking up. Then tonight as we all laid down to go to sleep she insisted on sleeping in her own bed. I tried to tell her we should just do naps in it for a while since she still needs momma to fall asleep (although it has been 4 nights of no nursing now)! But she was adamant, so her and I headed over to her bedroom and snuggled up in her "own bed", as she calls it. Every now and then she would tell me she wanted to "sleep own bed self" but then not 5 seconds later would ask for momma to snuggle her. She was fighting sleep hard and was tossing and turning for quite some time, then she fussed at me "excuse me mom, scuse me mom!" So I moved out of her way so that no part of us was touching...she snuggled up on her pillow and fell asleep all by her lonesome.

 I felt pretty proud of her! I think I might have felt a little sad, too. Can this be for real?! The little girl who couldn't do a nap time or bed time without nursing just four short days ago, pretty much just fell asleep on her own. I know that if it's really time for her to become more independent that it will continue to happen and in the end I'll realize it was a good change for us all. But right now I'm just sort of shocked, a little unprepared,  yet curious as to how this might all play out in the near future. :)

No comments: