31 December 2013

A Daddy-Daughter Band

Pregnancy insomnia has been getting the best of me lately. I have been averaging only 4-6 hours of sleep each night for weeks. I'm exhausted. But my husband is awesome and on his days off throughout the holidays he has gotten up in the morning to play with Ella when I haven't been quite ready to start my day. 

This morning is one of those mornings. I lay here and beg of my body/brain to give in a get some more rest...knowing I would feel much better. And surely it would benefit everyone! But I can't get back to sleep and this morning I don't care because from the bed I am listening to my husband and daughter play in their own band. Ella is the ring leader of such activities...using her instruments she got from Aunt Heady and Jessa as birthday and Christmas presents. This morning it sounds like she has the tambourine. I hear Matthew playing on her whistle and she is singing/humming along to a beautiful daddy-daughter tune! And I can only imagine she has also orchestrated them dancing along to the music, in a two year old fashion, as well.

The sound (and what I can picture in my head) has me grinning from ear to ear. And my heart is dancing along! This is what happy feels like. This is the kind of joy having a child can bring! Wow! How blessed!?! <3

No comments: