18 August 2012

three year vacation

sometimes it gets frustrating when my adult husband is not allowed to decide for himself how far he can travel on any given weekend or that although he has leave days there are certain times he just doesn't really have the option to use them. I am sometimes reminded of that frustration when I see families post pictures of their second and third family vacations so far this year...then I stop myself! because really I'm thankful for what I have! I have the unique opportunity to go on an adventurous road trip with my beautiful daughter and one of the greatest best friends a girl could ask for to search for housing; housing for our family's three year (isg) vacation to Kansas. because our six month vacation in al/ga is coming to an end. and before that we were blessed to spend a year "vacationing" in Colorado...and before that...well you get the point! so basically, with a small shift in my thinking...I'm no longer jealous or frustrated with the fact that other families get to go on a week vacation here and there; I kinda feel like I/we have a pretty sweet gig!! :)

No comments: