I think I must have unknowing enrolled myself in a "patience 101" class. It seems as if many, many times a day I find myself in situations that, to sometimes say the least, put my patience to the test! Like for example, on Saturday morning when I waited in traffic for an hour to go maybe a mile...only to find out those cars ahead of me weren't going anywhere anytime soon so I had to end up just giving up on my original destination and make do with a new plan. Or on Monday when I decided to go ahead and make the drive to post to do all my grocery shopping for the week only to get there, get Ella in her new carrier (which we're still trying to figure out so it takes us a few) only to learn the commissary was closed for reset. So , because we needed groceries for Matthew's lunch the next day I headed back past our house in the other direction to get some things at Walmart, of course getting stick behind a car who was going 15 mph under the speed limit. But Ella was upset about something and I had to pull over to console/check on her. Got that taken care of and continued on our way catching every single red light. Made it to the parking lot but ended up behind someone waiting for a close spot and say there for two minutes before they decided to move on. Got Ella back out and ready for the store only to get in there and get behind some elderly lady who was averaging one step a minute (or so it seemed). But I reminded myself to stay calm...there must be some reason for all this to happen; perhaps keeping me from being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Regardless though, by this time Ella had had enough and didn't want to sit in the cart anymore and I had only brought the cart cover in and not the wrap so I ended up carrying her in my arms, pulling the cart here there abd everywhere as I was not thinking quite clearly at this point and would realize three aisle later that I forgot something else I needed. We made it though! And safely, so not too much complaining was needed. Just a quick recap of the day to my husband as I sat beside him for a breather while the little one napped.
But those things were more like "quizzes" and not nearly the end of my patience 101 course. I still have some "tests" that I'm either currently taking or that are coming up. Like waiting to hear about something that was started back in February and hoping we didn't -get had- as i think my husband once put it. Or having to wait until the last possible minute to find out our next duty location when we are likely to be moving in some 40ish days yet don't know the date to give our landlord for a move out date because we could possibly be staying like 70ish more days and don't want to give notice too soon and be stuck with out a place for a month. But if it is only 40ish days we'd like to plan a quick trip to the next location to find housing, or perhaps schedule our move (which you are technically supposed to do at least 30 days ahead of time) in hopes that our move goes smoothly and our household goods make it to us at our next place in a timely manner. Because it's not fun arriving much before your stuff really.
I'm not sure when this course is over but in the meantime I'm just focusing on remaining calm and hoping to pass all these quizzes, tests, and the course- with a smile on my face. Even if at times it isn't a real smile i'll go with the "fake it 'til you make it!"
Now if you'll excuse me- I have some waiting to do :)
No comments:
Post a Comment