Although I really would
like to wait it out and end up on post, I must at least have a back-up plan in
case that doesn’t happen. And as each day passes it’s looking more and more
like we will be living off post. So my search for off-post housing has begun! Yesterday,
my dad and I drove around looking for “FOR RENT” signs. We did find quite a
few, but as we sat and McDonalds and I made phone calls the list quickly
dwindled because the ones we had saw were already rented, or they didn’t allow pets, or they were too
expensive, etc, etc. I only managed to set up an appointment to view one the
following day. It was a start I guess.
So today we went to see the first house—it was small and over priced and just wasn’t the one to make home for Matthew and I. I did manage to get a second viewing set up for later that same day and that one was a bit nicer, but still overpriced. I thought it might work but the more I thought about it the less I liked it—so I mentally marked that one off the list, too. So another day was almost over and I still wasn’t really any closer to finding a home than I was as I searched for housing online back in Ohio.
But I must keep on it! Tonight
I search online for housing once again—trying to find listings I haven’t
already called about. I managed to set one more up for Thursday. I will go look
at that one after dropping dad off that the airport. Tomorrow though, there will
be no house hunting—for papa bear wants to go skiing!! Despite the fact that it’s
suppose to be even colder than today! Is that possible?!
No comments:
Post a Comment