27 December 2010

Upstairs. Paint Toes. Teys.

Apparently the fact that my toe nails are not painted is completely unacceptable in the eyes of my 19 month old niece.

Now during the summer months, I agree, you must always have toe nails painted. But during the winter months, I can't be bothered to mess with it. Except until now--as I guess I must!

Today we were out in the living room playing when she decided to take her socks off and show me her newly painted toe nails. I ooh'd and ahh'd and told her they were soooo pretty and then attempted to return to whatever it was we were doing...coloring or playing with rugrat dolls or something. But she insisted that instead of doing that--that I needed to take my socks off and show her my toes. I tried explaining to her that my toe nails weren't painted pretty and that there was no need to take my socks off. Either she didn't quite grasp that concept or she just plain didn't care (of course I wouldn't expect her to understand all that completely) so as she continued to insist "teys, sock off!" I complied. Once I revealed to her my unpainted toes she told me (and I kid you not) "Upstairs. Paint Toes. Teys." She pulled me up, or rather she pulled at my hand and I got myself up, she pointed upstairs and in not so many words basically told me to get moving. She followed close behind me and when I would stop she would push at me and tell me again "upstairs. paint toes. teys." I tried to resist but she insisted--completely had her little heart set on Aunt Tara going upstairs to paint her toes. At one point along the way she pointed at my big toe (that still has some paint left on it) and said "pitty teys" then pointed to the other toes (unpainted of course) and said "paint toes teys." This girl knows what she's talking about, knows what she wants, and knows how to get it! Aunt Teys must now paint her toes!! I should probably get on that right away before she has to tell me again. Upstairs. Paint Toes. Teys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she is the cutest!
and to darn smart!

-love you!
Brittany