27 December 2010

Christmas Continued

Ornament Overload: I am pretty sure every other gift I opened this year contained at least one (snowman) ornament or had one attached to the bow or something. Needless to say I got a lot of ornaments this year-- and I loved them all-- ready to hang them on mine and Matthew's tree next year! Was quite excited about the ornament overload! :)


my most favorite ornament---for obvious reasons
the majority of the ornament collection














Strohman Snowmen: Another hot item for me this year was snowmen! I love snowmen and I guess everyone knows that! And when you love something and people know it--you seem to get a lot of that something! But for the record I'll happily take a lot of snowmen any winter day--so I say--let it snow and bring all the 'strohman' snowmen you want! :)


another snowman from heather to add to the collection
my favorite strohman snowman to add to the household



















 Sew Thankful: I am "sew" very thankful for homemade gifts. I love the idea of a gift being made specially with me in mind. I love the idea of having something with such sentimental value as a gift that was made by a loved one. Basically I love everything about homemade gifts (giving and receiving)! They are so very special and I am so very thankful for them! Tissue box cover was made by my Grandma Jones and so were the dinner napkins (how cute is it that they fold into Christmas trees!?!) The cute snowman light bottle was made by my mother-in-law-- love it!





America America: That title makes me think of the song America the Beautiful (and in case you were all wondering I used to practice singing the first verse of that song in my bedroom--actually made Heather play along too--we'd have "chorus practice" and sing that song along with others from our little hymn book--true story)! Anyhow- I love America and all things Americana which is why I loved the special gifts pictured below!

this bag was made by my grandma jones
heart from heather lynn. other two from aunt sandy.













Bargain Buys: My mom is the best bargain shopper I know and I love it! I love what she can find for next to nothing. She says she can barely stand to shop at regular stores anymore and I can see why...because she gets awesome things for awesome prices!! I think it is just supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! :) A couple of her many great deals included awesome longaberger jars and some running shorts (that I need to put to use)!

 













Household Hoopla: Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Spaeth I got my Shark steam mop!! You know, the steam mop I need for the floors I don't yet have! That's okay though--in a month or two I'll be sure to put it to good use! I was so excited to get it and can't wait to try it out (come on balfour beatty give me good news and tell me I have a house to use in)! Also in the household hoopla category is our deep fryer--for yummy treats like deep fried dill pickles and jalapeno poppers. Also got a super cute serving dish from my momma and daddy---can't wait to use that either!
















Grand Finale: And for the grand finale of my Christmas summary---the gift from my incredibly amazing husband---a new sewing machine!!! :) And when my husband does gifts, he does them up right!! So I didn't just get a sewing machine--I got a sewing machine along with the hard carrying case, a pack of extra bobbins, and a pack of extra needles to last me for a very long time!! I was/am soo super excited!! Thank you, baby--you surely do spoil me!
I MUST SAY---I LOVE THAT HUSBAND OF MINE!!
And for those of you wondering (if any of you are) why I might need a new sewing machine when I just got a new embroidery machine just six months ago---its not because I am greedy, not because Matthew just didn't know what else to get me, and not necessarily because it was an absolute need but because---it will make projects move along much smoother (a lot quicker and a little easier). I will no longer have to switch back and forth between the sewing and embroidery functions multiple times a day. It will save me time. I will be more apt to complete small projects needing both functions. It will be better for my nice embroider unit to not be constantly switched back and forth between functions. So yeah--that's why--that's the reasoning behind the madness, the wonderful madness, that I am so thankful for! Time for more sewing and more selling! In fact, I have an order to start working on tomorrow (actually now that I thought about it I actually have like 4 orders to complete) and a couple projects in mind that I'd like to start on soon! :)





No comments: