For Christmas I sent Matthew about fifteen little wrapped gifts, a candy-filled stocking, a santa hat, a pre-lit Christmas tree and I don't even remember what else. I wanted to make sure that this Christmas was special for him even if we were spending it apart while he was stuck in Iraq. I knew not to send anything too big or too expensive/important as he will have limited space to bring all of what he has there back--but I still really wanted him to have gifts to open! So how do you make opening up a jar of peanuts, a box of gushers, and other random tidbits exciting?? Well with a Christmas riddle of course!!!
Matthew had to read the riddle, try to guess the answer, then got to open the corresponding gift to confirm. And we were fortunate enough to get to skype while he was doing it which made it all the more exciting. I think we both really enjoyed it--at least I would assume as smiles were upon our faces the whole time as we shared many laughs. For me, it really felt like we were together, sharing those moments just as we would if he were here---my heart was warm and happy and overflowing with love and joy! Below is his riddle with answers included :)
T’was just a bit more than six years ago when we first
me---oh young little freshmen were we,
Never could we have imagined that night all that we would
turn out to be!
Friends we were—right from the start,
But not just any kind of friends—friends that were somehow
connected instantly at heart!
For many days- even months we tried to deny just how serious
it was,
Oh silly us, claiming to be just good ol’ 1.gusher buds!
Ha- but who were we trying to kid,
Everyone else knew just as well as we did!
It was just plain obvious to see,
That I was 3. nuts about you and you were 3. nuts about
me!
Every passing moment has been just absolutely 2. wonderful with
you by my side,
Living the life—just enjoying the ride!
And even though it’s not ideal with the 6. army taking you
so far away,
I still want to make sure you enjoy your holiday!
Oh and what better way than to send you a favorite of yours
and mine,
A yummy, oh so delicious can of 5. skyline!!
If I could do more for you I surely would
I’d do everything—everything I could!
Oh I’d buy you a 7. toy and tell you a 7. story
I’d prepare you a garage with a super awesome tool
inventory!
We’d live in a house with a fantastic view,
And the fridge would always be stocked with yummy brews and
lots of 4. yoohoo!
We’ll spend all our years living a wonderful life of which
we can’t complain,
One we can look back on and smile about even when we’re so
old we must use a 11. cane.
Throughout it all our deep love will remain,
Gift number (9) helps to explain…
You see, life is really what we make of it
And I plan to always make the most of this one life we get!!
Loving you forever and always, no matter what,
Never letting silly things get us stuck in a rut.
Always moving forward the best we know how—
We’ve got this babe—nothing’s 10.stopping us, nothing’s 10.stopping us now!!
Soon this deployment thing will be all said and done,
Then you’ll home and we’ll have lots of fun!
So let the next twelve weeks quickly pass you by,
And keep your spirits up baby as the end draws nigh!!
Soon you’ll be home and all will be right,
But for now let’s focus on what’s important tonight…
And that's wishing you
a Christmas that’s merry and bright!!
XOXO I LOVE YOU XOXO
1. was a box of gushers 3. was a jar of peanuts 2. was a bag of pistachios with the word wonderful printed on the package that was circled with arrows pointing to it 6. was army men gummies 5. was two cans of skyline and skyline oyster crackers 7. was toy story gummies 4. was a can of yoohoo 11. was candy canes 9. was clay--"to make of it what you will" 10. was gobstoppers and 12. was a bonus at the end....
Now that I've filled your room with snacks and goodies to the rim
You must be careful--or you'll no longer be a ___12.___?!?!?
a pack of slim jm(s)


No comments:
Post a Comment