12 December 2010

Lynchburg Village Christmas

This past weekend was the Lynchburg Village Christmas--a village wide craft fair, basically. This year I decided to participate and had the pleasure of setting up shop at Murphy Hardware (thank you Grandpa)!!

Now, I didn't make mega bucks or anything but I was a bit busier than I expected, hence made more money than I expected, therefore I am one happy girl!! The profit, really, is minimal--but the experience that I got and what I learned for next time was worth every bit of the hard work and long hours!!

My etsy shop is very slowly but surely growing, with a few more projects in the works to be added on my site soon. Sadly, though, I still haven't made a sale online yet...maybe you should be the first?!?! :) There are people viewing but I'd venture to guess since I've made no sale to date therefore have no reviews that people are hesitant to buy---at least I am hesitant when a seller has no reviews. But you--you all have my word! [end plea here]

Anyhow- I am marking the Village Christmas down as a success and am optimistic about all that's yet to come! :) But first, before I end this post I must be sure to thank a few special people! First and foremost, my wonderful husband--who bought me my wonderful sewing/embroidery machine and who always, always supports me full-heartedly in any thing I do. I must also thank my Grandpa once again for letting me set up down at the hardware where traffic flow is greater than on our street and where I didn't have to pay the set-up fee. Thank yous also go out to my parents who so kindly picked a couple things up for me while they were out and about, my Grandma Jones who came and sat with me most of the day both days and offered her help in multiple ways while being there, my Grandma Spaeth for helping with an assortment of things (making the bean soup to eat while there, quick errands when it was time to get sold items out the door in a hurry, etc etc) and last but not least my Aunt Sandy who always supports my selling adventures (she bought a few of my personalized/homemade items at the craft fair). Thank you, thank you, thank you--everyone!!

And while I am thanking everyone---thank you to the others who have also put in orders here at tds designs---although most of you live in the same house as I do, it still counts (haha)! Love you all!

No comments: