03 December 2010

Giving "MilSpouse Friday Fill-ins" a Try!

My friend Allison has been participating in this fun little weekly question and answer session, if you will, called  MilSpouse Friday Fill-ins and I always look forward to and enjoy reading her answers and find myself thinking of my own answers to the same questions-- and seeing as how I basically already participate (in my head) I figured I might as well put it in writing. Thought it might add a bit of fun to my blog-- so here's to giving it a try!

(MilSpouse Friday Fill-in Week 23)

1. If you were given $1,000 right now, how would you spend it? 

Hmmm...there's so many ways I could quickly spend $1000 but I think that I would have settle on splitting it 50/50 and give the first half to my husband for his jeep account and then give my parents the other half for letting me live in their house free of charge for most of Matthew's deployment.
2. If you had to choose a movie title (a real one that already exists) for your life story, what would it be?
A Beautiful Life--I've never seen the movie nor does the movie itself relate to my life but the first thing I did after reading this question was google "its a beautiful life" and this is what I came up with. The title fits (and that's all I needed was a title) so... "A Beautiful Life" it is!!
3. If you were a teacher, what subject would you like to teach?

Well if I were to teach college classes, I would of course choose to teach social work or maybe something super fun like photography. Or I could totally go for teaching a life skills class for middle school/ high school.
4.Has being a MilSpouse changed how you view holidays or how your holidays are celebrated? If so, how? If not, what hasn’t changed?
I wouldn't really say that it's changed how I view holidays but certainly the deployment has effected how the holidays are celebrated. I still love holidays (especially Christmas) and I still gather with family and friends, of course, but without the love of my life there by my side to share it all with it just isn't quite the same. But don't worry--we'll so make up for it in the years to come!! I plan on being this crazy- go all out- for every holiday- kind of wife and mom!! Why wouldn't you take full advantage of making an ordinary day something super special?!? Bring on the decorations, the cookies, the candy, the music, the crafts, the activities, the traditions, the fun---bring it all on!!! Happy Holidays!!!
5. What is your favorite Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate) memory?
Oh goodness--I am horrible at picking just one of anything and to pick a favorite Christmas memory is going to be difficult for me...so I am just going to go with one of the first ones I think of! Umm---I guess I just enjoy the memory of childhood Christmases being so magical. Oh, believing!! ;)

No comments: