04 December 2010

A Day in the Life--- Our Awesome Saturday Night



So the pictures posted basically summarize our Saturday life. It began late afternoon with a trip to the Special Events Center here on post---where we will eventually scramble over to like mad when we get the phone call saying that our husbands are due to arrive at such and such time--- (but that's not for another 15 weeks) so for now it's all decorated for a child's winter wonderland! Iris and I spent hours there amongst ridiculous amounts of heathens so that her two beautiful children could ice skate on a small plastic skating rink. If we're being honest the first few hours were close to torture mainly because there wasn't enough to keep you entertained for the 2-3 hour wait--but I must say--it was all completely worth it as I watched the kids proudly skate around and practice twirls and other tricks (only wiping out a couple times--but almost each time, at the same time, but on completely different sides of the rink)! It made the spirit of Christmas dance within my heart! Oh but the fun didn't end there--we left the winter wonderland adventure to meet up with our friend Allie to have a "pizza party" before heading out to the new Disney movie--Tangled. Allie is like the coolest kid on the block and got all 5 of us in for $1.75--thank you Allie!! And umm can I just say that Tangled is a pretty awesome movie!! Thank you Disney for having your act together when making this one :) It was superb--we were smiling, almost crying, laughing, singing--and maybe even dancing a bit throughout the movie and we were definitely singing and dancing through the credits--we were rocking it out---because yes, we are that cool!!! Oh andddd, what the pictures don't show is that we came home to watch TrueBlood (I think my fifth episode now) and I stand by my original assumption in saying that this is by far the craziest, most ridiculous, yet somehow sort of addicting show I've ever seen! However, because I am a scared by anything slightly scary or creepy I will not be participating in this show anymore after this Wednesday!! Ok--so that sums it up--a day in the life of us and our completely awesome Saturday night! :)

More fun to come tomorrow--yayyy!! I love my friends!! :)

No comments: