06 September 2010

Anniversary & Deployment

In assuming it was a going to be a particularly hard day as we would be spending our first anniversary apart, I had many of you ask how my day had been and if I was doing okay--so I just wanted to let you all know that I did just swell. It was a happy day as I reflected on all that it meant to me and and just how lucky I was to be married to the man I love so dearly. Although it may have been a little bittersweet in his absense I couldn't really get over all the greatness long enough to be sad.

The truth about it, is that it was just the same as any other day- no harder, no easier. Everyday I must go without my husband by my side is hard but every day that I get to wake up and live life as his wife is just plain amazing! An anniversary might be a special time to celebrate and reflect upon your marriage and your love for one another but its not the only time you can do so...and if you ask me, I think Matthew and I do a pretty good job of reflecting and celebrating daily. So, yes our anniversary was a very special day--but so is every other day we get to spend loving each other!!

Nonetheless, I want to thank all of the many people who had Matthew and I in their thoughts yesterday on our anniversary and an additional thank you to those of you who sent us cards, all of it was very much appreciated!! Thank you all for your continued support of the both of us- and our life as a married couple!!

No comments: