09 August 2010

I Have Been Blessed

I have been blessed with some of the greatest friends a girl could ask for!! It all started back in the summer of 2007 (at least I think it was 2007) when I worked at a special needs summer camp called Camp Thunderbird in Apopka, Florida. If you know me you know I loved my job that summer. There were times that I thought I couldn't take another moment of the nonsense but the campers melted my heart and therefore made it all worth it. But beyond the fact that I got to spend a summer doing what I love to do- I got to spend a summer getting to know some of the most amazing people that I will ever meet and I am so lucky to be able to call them my friends...especially after not seeing any of them more than once since that beloved summer. Some of them I am in contact with on a regular basis, some I "speak" with on and off and others I haven't really spoke much with since that summer...yet they are all still my friends! And good friends they are!! First, I'd like you to meet my adorable friend Kat (hope you don't mind me posting a borrowed picture of your adorable face on my blog :) hugss)
Kat is an amazing friend! She is great for a many reasons but her most special greatness to me has been her monthly cards sent to me throughout this deployment (not to mention the package she sent to Matthew in Iraq with apparently a most delicious chocolate). Kat has sent me a card for each month I have made it through along with a wonderful little gift. And on the fifth month of deployment my Scottish friend sent to me not only "5 lip licking lollie pops" but also the best card ever known to man!! It brought a massive ear to ear smile to my face. It had pictures of some of my very great friends from camp...each of them representing a letter of the O-H-I-O...to them this is merely a camp memory of what I had taught them...but to me it is a blessed part of my time at The Ohio State University and all that it represents and something that is near and dear to my heart. And to see my friends from the world over (England, Germany, Scotland) representing that on a card sent to me as encouragement...left me speechless...and smiling! Thank you so very much Kat-- for organizing it and to Steve, Zoe, Volker, Sinbad, and Bastian-- for participating!! Kat I only wish your face would have been included--but regardless please know that it meant the world to me!! Not to mention the beautiful quote included on the inside that read..."The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart." I have been blessed--with some of the greatest friends a girl could ask for!!! The infamous card below:



No comments: