19 March 2010

Tara got a Tattoo

So, I still cant believe I actually did it and I don't think anyone else can either...but yes I got a tattoo! I've wanted one for a long time but couldn't decide where to get it or what I would want but a few days ago it just came to me! I finally decided the where, was debating the what, and the when was a day before Matthew left for his first deployment to Iraq. The tattoo is a small white whale on the inside of my right wrist. Why that, why there, and why then- you ask? Well...it's white because it's way less noticeable that way and I really like that! Plus it will most likely fade away (completely or almost completely) in five to six years which I love...it seems so much less of a permanent commitment that way and when it comes to a tattoo I like flexibility in commitment. So when  the time comes I either get it re-traced if i want to keep it or say goodbye to it. Fun! Fun! Now why a whale you must wonder? Sorry to say but you must keep wondering :) It is mine and Matthew's little secret...something that represents a special meaning to us. (interesting fact: my tattoo choice was between a whale and the word love- bit of a difference huh?) But I let Matthew make the final call and he chose the whale as it's not something that many others have and the word love is a common tattoo especially on the wrist plus the meaning behind it makes it that much more special and enough to convince me to get it tattooed on my body. It's on the inside of my wrist as it is a place I can glance at often and will serve as a daily reminder to me of the love we share- especially during this long separation. Plus it can be easily covered up by a watch or bracelet in the event that I would want to or need to cover it up! But I also joked with Matthew after he had made the decision and I'd gotten it done that the real hidden meaning behind it in my mind was to be a reminder to me to eat healthy and exercise so that I wouldn't turn into a whale...haha! And I type this as I sit on my bed and eat chips...even funnier! Anyhow that's the scoop on my latest adventure. Pictures to come when it heals and unfortunately there's not picture of my sitting there getting it done as I was too nervous to think about it and my loving husband must have been too shocked to think of getting the camera out.

No comments: