Matthew got promoted today from Second Lieutenant to First Lieutenant and I was so happy to be able to be there and be a part of it (despite having to stand outside in the 29* weather in my little peacoat, with no hat or gloves of course, trying to look pretty). But for this guy I would do anything and was so proud to be there for that moment. A small yet important milestone in his Army career. However I didn't know until the guys were called up in front of the formation that I would actually be taking part and pinning on his new rank...now I am the kind of person that likes to double check and triple check and maybe even check again to make sure I know what I am doing so you can imagine the small amount of panic that ran through my body as they motioned me to go up there...as I didnt have even the slightest clue on how this would all go. Anyhow, I walk over to where the guys are standing and we were instructed to stand behind the lieutenant that we'd be pinning so I walk over and stand behind my husband a little nervous but very excited to be part of it all and I look out in front of me to see lots and lots of soldiers then I look down at the hands of the man standing in front of me...and large amounts of panic rush over me as I notice somewhat long fingernails..."holy crap this isn't my husband, my husband is constantly biting his nails, he's never had nails this long, holy crap I am standing behind the wrong man, I must look like an idiot, wait this cant be happening I know what my husband looks like!" So as all this is running through my head I look up to scan the line of lieutenants in front of me a few and reassure myself that I am standing behind my husband- at least I really really hoped so!! Luckily I do in fact know what my husband looks like from behind and I was behind the right man all along, whew! :) And apparently 1LT Strohman is currently doing an amazing job at not biting his fingernails--something he's been working on for a long time now (keep it up Matthew, next time just let me know that your doing that well before I have to pick you out from behind)!
1 comment:
congratulations!!!!!!!
Post a Comment