01 October 2009
Snow and Snowmen in September
We not only got snow on the mountain that Monday but it actuallly snowed down here at the house as well. Not enough to stick though so I just have a picture of the beautiful snow covered mountain from that day! Similar to the picture Matthew posted--just a bit clearer.
I then went to my first FRG meeting on Tuesday and because of the snow we had just had I decided it fitting to paint a snowman! FRG stands for Family Readiness Group and it's just basically the wives (could be husbands) getting together to go over a few items of "business" which could range from reports of how the guys are doing while in the field or during a deployment to what fundraisers we will be taking part in to activites that are going on on post. It is also about having a little bit of fun and getting to know other wives and building friendships/support systems. Our fun activity for this meeting was paintng ceramics--which could help explain my snowman. It was an ornament- our first family name ornament. It turned out pretty good, at least I thought so...Matthew didn't seem too excited...haha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think your snowman is very cute and a great memory. Love Mom
Post a Comment