It was a Monday-our first Monday here in Colorado as a matter of fact, as we hadn't been here quite a week yet. Matthew headed off that morning to finish in-processing and I continued to work around the house to get the things we do have here put in place. It was a chilly morning...the chilliest we'd had since arriving and I was glad to be staying inside, especially glad as the wind began to howl and the rain came pouring down!
Matthew returned shortly after and I had to help him pack as quickly as possible so that he could get a ride out to the field to meet his company/platoon/etc. and would spend the next 5 days out there. As we packed his stuff the rain turned to hail- not just a little bit of hail....a lot a bit of hail! My car quickly made it's way to the garage and as I watched my husband nicely move it in there for me I was struck with sadness that he, my husband, must be out in this weather when I didnt even want my car out in it. I'm sure he wasn't too thrilled with the reality of it all either.
Anyhow- we packed his stuff and he headed out. Luckily the hail stopped shortly after he left----but don't worry----then it snowed!!! Colorado's first snow of the year! I hear it came about a month early this year. Just my luck that it would happen that way. And poor Matthew--its rained, hailed, snowed, was windy and only 37 degrees the day he headed out. It truly was just a gloomy day. The weather was gloomy and my spirits were a bit gloomy as I watched my husband drive away...my first time, all alone, and far away from "home"---knowing it would be the first of many! But as I always tell him--I don't ever regret for a second, the life that I chose with him!!
The picture/post below is from the day that Matthew left. The picture of Cheyenne Mountain was taken by his phone on his way out to the field. Unfortunately he wasn't able to publish anymore posts while he was out there like he had hoped...just not enough service.
No comments:
Post a Comment