01 October 2009

25 Mile Road March


Saturday morning bright and early family members waited for their loved ones to march in after 25 long miles. Charlie company started at 11:40pm on Friday night and it took them approximately 10 hours and 20 minutes to make their way back to us...getting in around 10am. Matthew came in looking strong with a smile on his face!! When I asked him how he was feeling he said..."not good" and I said well you looked great and even had a smile on your face when you came in! He told me it was "because I saw you standing there!" Regardless of how, when, and why- he came in (looking) strong and I was just as excited to see him and he was to see me! The rest of that day he was pretty darn tired and sore and then next day was slightly rough as well. But I, along with many others, give him props for doing so well without training for it! He showed up to his unit and jumped right in!And he did it all with out a single blister, little to no complaining, and a quick recovery! So proud to be his wife :)







                          


1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm proud to be his mother-in-law as well!