06 February 2014

A month in review

Crazy that a month has already passed since my last post...I was doing so well...yet it's so easy to get caught up in the day to day and not remember to update you all. And while I appreciate your patience...no one called me out on my lack of posts, which can sometimes be a helpful reminder to just take a minute and reflect and write ;)

Let's see- in the month that I wasn't tending to the blog I was:
-traveling to Califirnia to celebrate and remember 104, almost 105, years of life lived by Matthew's grandma
-hosting my parents for a week, watching then play with their amazing granddaughter ;) And while they helped with some things around the house and kept us some company while Matthew was in the field
-continuing to practice with Ella on understanding that daddy has to be away at work sometimes for more than just the day
-still working on growing a baby and finding out the baby is a she
-realizing I definitely wishes it was still a surprise like it was with Ella!
- cleaning, reorganizing, and redecorating the house
-enjoying some snow days with the daddy-o home 
-and last (and certainly least) been cuddling a sick little girl the past two days. Not sure if it's random winter allergies or a common cold but she's been a little snotty, stuffy, with lots of sneezing, some water and puffy eyes, and a general feeling of yuckiness (more so at night). We haven't had a full nights sleep in a couple nights and spend a little more time sleeping in, once we finally get back to sleep and napping at random hours throughout the day/evening.

So there you have it- a quick month in review to get us up to date and (hopefully) back in the game of regular posts.


1 comment:

Mom said...

I've been watching and waiting for a new blog. Being patient because I know how busy you are. Remember I've been there, done that.
Love you,
Mom