So lately we have been busy with this and that and my thoughts have been complete randomness, therefore making it hard to either decide what to post about (because I haven't had time to post about them all) or to organize those happenings/my thoughts to complete anything that resembles a put-together post, hence the lack of new posts being added to my blog.
Today- instead of skipping out on a post all together I decided to share some random thoughts in a mumble of a jumble of a post! :)
1. So that sleeper sofa I mentioned in my blog--well I was just kidding. Apparently in my rush to find a house and get it all set up (with only myself and my amazing friend to do it all) I overlooked an important little detail when purchasing the new furniture. The sleeper part of the sofa was only "optional" for the one I bought--thinking it was standard (as the tag made it seem not only to myself but to my friend--she's got my back on this one) I didn't think it necessary to specify that "optional" detail when placing my order. I simply told the guy what (I thought) I wanted, paid, and brought it home! I didn't think to check it all out as I had so much yet to accomplish before Matthew's homecoming...which was quickly approaching at this point...so I continued on at 100mph with all the other stuff on my to do list and never thought a thing about it. Well, two months later, I (or Matthew rather) would discover what a big misunderstanding it all was as he tried to pull out that sleeper sofa that did not exist. We finally made our way the furniture store to see what could be done but ultimately decided that it wasn't worth the hassle and extra costs to have the sleeper part of my beautiful sofa. I am slowly coming to terms with that fact that I do not have the sleeper sofa that I once thought I did and am keeping my eye opened for sales on air mattresses as we will now need another place for future guests to sleep. Ahhh!
2. I think I am becoming a fan of organic foods! So far I will no longer buy carrots that are not organic and I am pretty sure that I have also decided organic strawberries are the way to go! There really and truly is a difference in taste, in at least some of the foods!! Thinking it may be kind of like how there are some foods you can buy the store brand and some you just have to pay a little extra for the better taste of those name brand products. I am still a thrifty shopper, no doubt about that! It's all a matter of deciding where you can pinch the pennies and where it's more profitable to pay the extra amount. And apparently so far so good as I have (almost every week) came in under my old weekly grocery budget...sometimes almost cutting it in half!!
3. I'm pretty sure my fingers are smaller than they once were (told you this would be a random post). Reason my finger size is occupying thoughts in my mind? Well it sort of becomes a big deal seeing that now my rings are a little too big and have flew off my fingers three times in the last two months...scary!!! But I now know to be cautious of it and will soon have my rings fitting much better.
4. I am currently laying on my beautiful comfy sofa writing this post when I should in fact be working in the craft room--I have much to accomplish in there and have a very busy week ahead not sparing me much extra time to be in there soooo I should probably end this short yet random post and get to work. I will try for another post soon. Whether it's random or not :)
1 comment:
ok, so where are we all going to sleep? You know there are 8 of us coming plus Jessa. Do we need to bring air mattresses? I think we have one queen and one twin. You're going to have to put a limit on the number of visitors at one time. lol Until you get your ring re sized, just wrap yarn around the bottom of it. I'll have to try the organic fruits. I did read somewhere that if paid to buy certain foods organic and some was a waste of money, but can't remember what ones.
Love you, Mom
Post a Comment