07 March 2011

Oh WOW! He's HOME!! We're TOGETHER!!

(be sure to listen by clicking the above link)

 



Matthew's welcome home ceremony was held at the Special Events Center on post on March 5, 2011 at 6:30pm and although the day's wait was a grueling one--this was the end result!! Totally worth the wait!! The year long wait in fact!! Although I missed my husband each and every day he was gone and thank God he came home safely- I could not be more proud to be married to a man that is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for his country. I think it says a lot about the kind of man he is! And while I'd prefer to be right be his side each and every day of my life- I would wait forever on him over and over again. Our reunion was a magical moment- to jump into his arms and know he was home and that this tour was over was overwhelmingly amazing!! I wish I could explain to you the way I felt that day and in the hours leading up to the moment he entered the building and at the moment my body touched his--but it's beyond words (and maybe beyond any comprehension unless you stood right there in those shoes) but wow!  Wow, wow, wow! My husband is home! Home, home, home! And for now we are just enjoying being together!! Together, together, together!!! Life is good, life is grand...(keeping this short and sweet) because I'm off to enjoy my man!! <3

1 comment:

Tera said...

Great pictures! I'm so happy for you. Enjoy every minute.