01 January 2011

Welcome 2011!!

As with every new year-- 2011 brings with it a new start, a new day, many new expectations, and a mixture of the past and the future-- it brings to the forefront hopes and dreams and plans! We all look ahead with hopeful hearts and open minds--some desperately hoping for the new year to be better than the last, some challenging it to try top the wonderfulness of the past year. I guess I hope for a little of both--because despite the fact that I think 2010 was full of wonderful--there's always room for improvement, right? I say to 2011-- bring it, baby!

Although I had to spend the majority of 2010 thousands of miles away from my husband--it was still a year full of many blessings. Matthew and I have been put to the test (being away for this long isn't easy) but I feel we rose to the occasion and have come out on top thus far. I feel that our love for each other has deepened and our commitment to one another is even stronger now than before. We have learned a lot about ourselves, about each other, about our relationship, what it is we value, the little things that really matter most, etc, etc. And for these things I am thankful. For these reasons 2010 was still great--and this past year (apart) can only make 2011 that much sweeter...for 2011 will bring my husband home to me and what could make life much sweeter than that? I have a whole year to look forward to many special moments with the love of my life right there by my side (like really there--not just in spirit). He'll be homeee!!!

The majority of 2010 also presented me with the chance to spend time at home, basking in the love of my wonderful family. Day in and day out I have been blessed with the opportunity to be with them, spend quality time with them, just soak it all up--savoring these moments for when I am once again in Colorado 1200 miles away missing them like mad. It won't make being away from them hurt any less but I can surely smile at the memories I was able to add--moments I may have otherwise not had the chance to be a part of as my grown-up life takes me to far off places. I will forever cherish this time I have had with them (along with the other 24 years worth). Oh how I have been blessed!

But 2011 tells me it's time to move forward--it's time to make changes and adjustments. It's time to step back out into the world (because I have been sort of living  this wonderful dream you see)! It's time to set up shop again and prepare for not only the return of my husband--but for the future in general. It's time to experience new and different things. It's time for new goals, improved courses of actions for those goals we are already working toward, it's time for a many wonderful things!! And I am excited to get started on all of those many wonderful things I have in mind!!

No comments: