03 January 2011

Soo Far, So Good!

So, to start my year off right I ate pork and sauerkraut and rice--because according to tradition, pork and sauerkraut and rice will bring good luck, money, and prosperity to you and your family in the year ahead ...if it's eaten on New Year's day (Thanks Grandma Jones--it was delicious--well maybe not the sauerkraut but the rest was!) I also tried to make it a point to do a little bit of the many things I plan to work on and make progress on in the coming year--one of which is to read the Bible, to learn more about God, to attend church, to become a better person and a better Christian and to begin to live my life is such a way that makes these improvements shine!















I also plan to improve my overall fitness and to work hard at this whole running thing (which definitely does not come easy for me). I plan to run on a regular basis and to take part in at least one half marathon at some point (maybe this year?!?) and hopefully numerous 5K and 10K races over the years--with it all starting here--today! This improvement in my overall fitness will also come in handy while hiking Pikes Peak as I plan to do with my wonderful husband at some point during this year!! It's okay, I am allowed to dream big and set large goals--my intentions are well!


 












In addition to those things, I was also sure to sew and work on an embroidery order on new years day--hoping that would bring about a little luck and a lot of continued progress in the new year. I hope that 2011 will be a great year for this renewed endeavor of mine! I spent time with family, spent time talking with my lover, did a little bit of this and that and a thought up a whole slew of other things I want to focus on and improve throughout this upcoming year. In summary I want to: enjoy the company of my husband, be prosperous, read my Bible, better myself in any and all ways, improve my overall fitness, make the time to spend quality moments with family and friends making many unforgettable memories, continue to improve my creative skills, sew more/sell more, be more thrifty, use coupons more often, take my vitamins on a regular basis, to blog more often, to be a optimist, to enjoy the little things in life that mean the most, etc. etc.To be honest there's a whole lot more on this list, it goes on and on. I don't expect to be the best there is at any or all of these things but to just continue to work hard to improve in all these areas and so many others.

For now though, I am tired and my thoughts are starting to cloud making it hard to get through a complete thought or compile a complete sentence so I'll end my rambling here and pick up here later if need be. In the mean time---Happy 2011--soo far soo good!! :)

No comments: