It was almost a year ago
now that I decided I would be moving back to Ohio to live with my family during
Matthew’s first deployment. I don’t know
what it was that made me decide to do so..?? We knew for quite a long time that
we would face at least one deployment while stationed at Fort Carson and I had
always planned on staying in Colorado, carrying on with the life Matthew and I
had started as husband and wife, to work full-time and put my degree to use,
etc. etc. But one morning I woke up—and just like that it had hit me. For some
reason, I suddenly felt like moving home during the deployment was what was
best for me. After quite a bit of discussion, Matthew and I decided that I
would in fact move home and follow my gut instinct. And now 10.5 months later I
must say—that although there were some aspects of it that weren’t exactly ideal—I
think I absolutely did make the right decision! I did what was best for me/us
at the time…and that’s that! However, one disadvantage to having moved home is that now I must find housing
for Matthew and I (hopefully) before he returns!
I knew back in March when
I cleared quarters that there would be a chance that I wouldn’t get on-post
housing again, but honestly I thought that chance was slim. Never would I have
imagined that 11 months on the waiting list would prove to get me nowhere. But
here I am, that many months later and still no luck on post. I’ve been persistent
in calling and visiting the housing office—in hopes of one day soon hearing
good news! So persistent in fact that I drove in this: (don't worry I was stopped at red lights when taking photos)!
and we all know that I do
NOT drive in snow, well not unless it’s absolutely necessary! But my quest for
housing made it necessary today! So in the snow I drove! A house I will get! Maybe
not on post, but somewhere! I have promised to make it my goal to have a house
and be settled before my lover returns!
No comments:
Post a Comment