I did it! I reached my personal goal for the week! I can put a big check beside the goal of running 2 miles on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and then running a 5k (3.1 miles) on Friday or Saturday! It's done, its complete, and I feel great!! Well maybe just a bit sore but so worth it! Probably for the first time since high school I can say that I ran 9.1 miles in one week! Sounds kinda "weak sauce" but its a start and I am darn proud of it! Maybe one of these days soon I can add to that number! :)
 |
| Stretching--which I need to focus a little more on! |
 |
| Still going strong--with not much more to go! |
I felt pretty good the whole time--wasn't too winded at any point and once I got warmed up I didn't really have any problems--only that my legs started to feel a bit tired about 29 minutes in but then I got distracted and didn't notice it again until I had finished. I am running on a treadmill right now so keeping a slow and comfortable pace is pretty easy--my main struggle right now is bordem. I can only stare at the same blank wall for so long before I start focusing on each second that ticks by--which is not good for a lengthy run. And I really think I could have kept going for a bit longer--and perhaps I should have to just see what I've got in me--but I was so excited when my nike+ program told me it was complete that I just stopped! Well, walked it off for a moment and then stretched of course! Taking a break tomorrow and then back at it on Monday! Hold me to it--the plan is 2-2.5 miles Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday--the fourth run depending upon moving and whatnot--so between 6-10 miles for next week! Ready, set, and gooooo!

1 comment:
You are awesome! Keep up the good work Tara.
Post a Comment