20 November 2010

Speak to Me

Sometimes actions or even words just seem to speak to you- and about three(+) months ago the following verse spoke very loudly to me as I read the words:

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." -Matthew 6:14-16

It made me stop and think. And as a person who holds grudges and is definitely not quick to forgive and forget- it was kind of a scary thought. If God only forgives me the way I forgive others--then I might want to work on changing that! I don't think it will be the easiest of processes but I am going to give it my best.

The verse, it speaks to me- of forgiveness- of learning it and it's importance.

No comments: