This is the newest addition to my home library collection, because I love books--well, non-fiction books that is. And even if I don't read all the time I still love books and love having my own copy of them--getting a book from the library just isn't the same...yet when I convince myself to go to the library I could get lost in there for hours. And I go through phases and right now I am in a reading phase which of course means I want to buy books so that I can have my own copy to read (although I am reading a borrowed book right now as well). But what's better than buying your own copy---its when you get your own copy to keep forever... for free! :) Especially when it shows up in the mail- I mean really, hello, one great day coming right up---a package and the mail and it contains a new free book!! Awesome!!
I am excited to begin reading it- it may or may not turn out to be great and I still can't tell even after the introduction, because there were times when I was like ok, nevermind, this is going to be a bust...but then in the next paragraph I was like oh ok, this might actually be great! The following bit left me smiling--
For husbands or wives, joining the Homefront Club is about being willing to forge a new path. To go with the flow. To catch a bounce pass and go in for a layup. More than likely, you were already that kind of person before you married into the military. Or you wanted to be. The fact that your life was going to be different from other people's sounded good to you. You just didn't expect it to be so darn hard.
Nor did you expect to be so lucky. Because we are lucky to have chosen the breadth of a military life. We are lucky to be married to the kind of people drawn to serve in the military. We are lucky to recognize the moment we say yes to the rest of our lives.I liked this because--yes it might be hard sometimes but I consider myself and my husband to be very lucky!! I love our military way of life; it's so very different than that of civilians--and I like that!! I like being different!! I like all the opportunities our lifestyle brings, all the wonderful people, all the wonderful place--I like it all!! And I am willing to take the bad with the good...because in my mind...the good outweighs the bad!! :)
p.s. I must admit that I really had the urge to type "hooah" at the end of all that--it just came to my mind but in the end I obviously decided against it in fear of sounding to cheesy/cliche.
No comments:
Post a Comment