One year ago today I was surrounded by family and friends, getting my hair and make-up done and slipping into my big beautiful wedding dress that I love so much, preparing for my walk down the isle to not the traditional da-dunt-da-daa but to Everything by Lifehouse...because I like to be different and because those words speak to me in a way that describes what I feel for that man who was waiting at the end of the isle for me! I can remember how anxious I was as I anticipated stepping through those double doors, I remember the moment that my eyes met his and the way my heart swelled! It was overwhelmingly wonderful to walk down that isle through all the many family and friends gathered there to be part of our wonderful day to show their love and support of us, to have my mom and dad at each side of me because although they may not always hold my hand they'll always hold my heart, and the most wonderful part of it all- was to fall into the hands of my love, my best friend, the one I'd marry that day! A promise for a lifetime of love and happy ever afters!! A promise to be there for each other for better, for worse- in all ways- forever and always, no matter what!! That day wasn't the start of our love for one another- as that had started five years before we made our vows--but that day was the start of our marriage, the start of something beautiful, the start of our forever.
Today as I reflect on our wedding day and our love in general I can't help but smile. My husband might be in Iraq-so no, we won't be spending this day together and yes, we've been seperated for almost 8 of the 12 months that make up our first year of marriage but in the words of my husband: "all i have to say is HAPPY ONE YEAR! been my best one yet! can't wait for an eternity more with you" So you see, love is what it's all about. And things are really what you make of them. And this year truly has been the best one yet!
We've taken what we've been given (a deployment and our deep love for one another) and have made the best of it. One year ago today I wasn't thinking of the sacrafices I would have to make by marrying Matthew and really I still don't...because what I get out of this marriage far surpases anything I might not. I might not get a husband that can come home everynight or who can even call everynight. I might not get to share special days like anniversaries or birthdays or Christmas together with him. But I get love that shines through in the most special ways, I get love letters, I get butterflies, I get the excitement of getting to share so many unknowns with my best friend. I get a love that isnt taken for granted, not even for a single day. I get a marriage that I know is strong enough to withstand the toughest of the tough. I get a man who shows me every single day in one way or another that he loves me, appreciates me, and that to him I am the most important thing in this world and I do the same for him...and it's just bliss.
One year ago today started this wedded bliss. One year ago today- my dream came true and every day for a year I've been living this dream. The best damn dream I ever did have! And the great thing---is that I get to live this dream come true for an eternity! Matthew James Strohman, the day I married you was one of the best days of my life-but then again everyday I spend as your wife is even better than the last! So here's to living everyday as the best, only to be outdone by the next. You are my love, the love of my life!! Thank you for being so incredibly amazing and for vowing your love to me in front of all our family and friends on that beautiful day one year ago from today. Happy Anniversary!! I love you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment