20 July 2010

Childhood Lessons on Life


"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning how to dance in the rain."

I think the above quote speaks measures about perhaps one of life's greatest lessons and to think I learned the true beauty of it oh so many years ago! The pureness of childhood has a lot to offer and I have decided that perhaps we should reflect back to those moments more often and take from it lessons about life. And about enjoying life. And about enjoying things that make our hearts happy! Today I did just that and from that came this:

To Heather, Brooke, Austin, and Brittany:
"As I sit here, watching the rain pour down outside I think to myself: If I were at home I'd wisp in and steal you from whatever it was you were doing. I'd grab your hand and convince you to follow along. We'd rush down the stairs, grab the bottle of dish soap, and scamper out the door. We'd climb up on the deck, drizzle the soap all over the trampoline, and slip and slide as the rain poured down. We'd jump and giggle and love life in a way that we did when we were young!  :) I feel blessed to have shared so many of my childhood memories with you! And look forward for all that's yet to come!! I am one happy big sis!! I love you!!"

And in thinking of the blissfulness of bouncing on that soapy trampoline (because lets face it...we all know...you bounce higher if there's soap on it) with those who mean so much to me just enjoying the moment and the pure beauty of life, of family, of love--not letting the fact that it's "raining" ruin our day but enhance it! Taking what we are given (weather it be rain or shine) and making the best of it! And enjoying life for what it is---for "life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning how to dance in the rain."And to be happy with it and enjoy it!! Ahhh :)


1 comment:

Mom said...

guess we better leave the trampoline up until fall huh?