21 April 2010

"Super Size Me"

So I just finished watching the film "Super Size Me" and might I add  that it was quite disgusting and I feel like I've gained a few unhealthy pounds by just watching it. For those of you who haven't watched it- it's a documentary about a man who decided to eat nothing but McDonalds for a month to learn and share with viewers the horrible effects it and fast food in general, can have on a person's health.

I'm on a horrible sleeping schedule right now (as I've been staying up late hoping to catch Matthew online during a few free moments he has in his morning) so it's late here...almost 2am. But I've decided that the movie made me feel bad about my laziness and the fact that I didn't get around to any of my workout activities today (well yesterday technically, I guess). Anyhow, I think I'll turn on my new workout video and do some pilates before I call it a night (at which time I might get to catch Matthew for a few...fingers crossed)!

In addition to my 2am workout the flim has also made me ponder upon a few personal challenges. I think I might try them out and see how I do! Challenge #1: April 20-May 1- No Chips!! However, with the exception of my one previously scheduled date with Emily to El Vaqueros for chips and salsa and margaritas! Challenge #2: May 1- June 1- No Fast Food! Challenge #3: - Just for good measure (pun perhaps intended) is to work out for 30+ minutes everyday left in April!!! Alright go time...I'll keep you updated on how it turns out!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm tired just reading your plans... do an extra sit up for me!

Tara Strohman said...

Update: the chip challenge was a success! The fast food challenge is so far so good. And the whole working out everyday thing- I managed to successfully reach that goal for the rest of April. Took a break while on my cruise (but did use the stairs the whole time instead of the elevator) and now I am back and have managed to workout almost everyday since my return. In fact, I need to be getting to sleep as my sisters and I are supposed to be running again in the morning!!