For all those who read this that don't really know what I do, here is
a picture. This is MY tank! It is an M1A2 SEP v2 Abrams main battle
tank. Specifically it is C1-1. C for Charlie company, 1 for 1st
platoon and the last one for tank 1. In total I am responsible for 4
tanks and all that goes with it including soldiers, gear, and stuff
like tools. Here are some facts for you; each tank costs about $4
million which I signed for when I got here to Fort Carson. It holds 4 crew
members and weighs in at about 70 tons. The main gun shoots a 120mm
round the tank also utilizes 3 other machine guns. Below you see a
picture of my tank prepared to be loaded onto the train as we are
shipping our vehicles to meet us at the National Training Center at
Fort Irwin, CA. The gun is actually facing over the back so that is
why it looks a little backwards.I will try to post during my training in CA but we will see how much
down time I actually get. We miss everyone and are looking forward to
seeing everyone for the holidays! --Matt

1 comment:
WOW! That's a lot of money and responsibility. You go Lieutenant Strohman.
Post a Comment