01 November 2012

The Stay-at-Home Mom

So in a perfect world I'd have my crap together, my house would be completely tidy, fresh, and clean. There'd be seasonal scented candles forever burning. There'd be time for playdates, long walks, baking, and what have you (without sacrificing other areas of your to-do or reallllly neeeeed to-do list) and on cool days I'd most definitely snuggle up under blankets with my almost-one year old, who would sit perfectly still with me and watch a Disney movie. Aahhh :) but there's no such thing as a perfect world...so being a stay-at-home mom looks a little more like this! (see photo below)

Which is still (believe it or not) perfectly fine with me (on most days)!! Eventually things get done; but most importantly i spend time playing with my baby girl...because that is what my husband and I have decided is important to us (me being at home with our little one--to take care of her and play with her, etc). I leave the laundry dumped on the floor and choose to take her for a walk instead. We chit chat with the neighbors and in turn sit down a wee but late for dinner as we shove things to one side of the table so we can eat at the other. It gets crazy sometimes, and the mess can be a little overwhelming every now and then but I wouldn't trade this stay-at-home mom life for my made-up, perfect idea or for anything else in the world...because...well because, I love my/our life- just the way it is :)

1 comment:

mom said...

Wow, we are you going to put the new toys/things she get for her birthday and christmas? Have you ever lost Ella is the mess? lol