Ella is four months old today! And my oh my how the time flies...just like we all knew it would. It's still so hard to believe that I already carried her in the womb for nine months and have held her in my arms every day for four months now. It's like it was just yesterday when she was only a thought, or perhaps just yesterday we were still curious as to whether or not we'd be having a baby girl or baby boy...yet it's as if we've had her forever. Like she's always been a part of us...whether we knew it or not.
Sometimes I think back and reminisce about life before her; when it was just Matthew and I. It was grand! We enjoyed our time with each other so much! However, life with her is even more grand. An addition unlike any other...to make what was already sweet just that much sweeter. We love her and are falling into this new life with open arms- smiles on our faces and so very much love in our hearts!!
And although sometimes such a drastic change can take some getting used to and some reworking of expectations and whatnot (like what I expect of myself in a days time) I'd say we're doing well! In time I will learn the perfect balance between all that is demanded of me (like maybe when I'm not trying to relocate and set up a new house- soon we'll be completely settled here and I'll make sure to enjoy that time before its time to move again).
These four months have been a whirl wind. Much like life in general, but if I were to ever say I didn't love my life just how it was I'd be lying. I like to think I'm a pretty lucky gal. I love my life and all those in it!
Happy four months, Ella Grace!! Thank you for making me a momma!!
(insert happy tears here)

No comments:
Post a Comment