16 October 2011

Banana Waffles

I know many of you probably cannot grasp the idea of me being an early riser but indeed it has been a daily occurance for all of 2011 and this morning was no exception. Awake at 5:30 and up by 6:00 to make some breakfast. Usually on weekends I just sneak out of the bedroom and let Matthew sleep in til whatever time it is he decides to come down & join me...but today my banana waffles were so darn amazingly yummy that I thought maybe (just maybe) I could get away with waking him up for breakfast in bed (he could then go back to sleep, of course) so I made him a nice little plate and happily marched my butt up the steps eager to please his taste buds as much as I'd just pleased mine. I softly wispered to him abut how I was sorry to wake him but how he must try the banana waffles I'd just made. So in his sleepy, groggy state he sort of unwillingly complied by rolling over, opening his, and asking me to stick a bite in his mouth, then rolled back over to continue his deep slumber (so im not sure if he'll even remember any of this happening). But because the whole scenario didn't quite go according to the way i had planned I did what any 8-months pregnant lady would do...I cried a little and sadly went back downstairs with food in hand (haha but for the record I've managed to keep my emotions/hormones pretty much In check this whole pregnancy only shedding a few tears like a total of 3 times...this time included in that number. And I think I've had 2-3 grumpy days and maybe an occasional grumpy moment here and there so I'll roll with that) Anyhow, my tears only lasted a moment as I know better than trying to wake my poor hard working husband up early on the weekends--let alone before the sun even rises. So, although it's no betty crocker presentation and although it won't be fresh off the waffle iron his delicious banna waffles still await his awakening. I'll just heat them back up for him and present them to him with a smile on my face because I just love him so and he totally deserves lots of sleep aaanndd banana waffles all in the same morning!! :)

No comments: