01 April 2011: THE TEST RESULTS AND TELLING MATTHEW
It was about 8am on April Fools Day and the kroger brand pregnancy test in my cabinet was calling out my name (or rather more like yelling at me to come take it)! It was sort of a random decision I made that morning to take the test because due to my somewhat irregular cycles it was debatable as to whether or not I was actually "late" at this point and I really hadn't experienced any of the early pregnancy symptoms that I could think of at that point (aside from randomly gagging in the shower one morning). But for whatever reason I had a strong urge to jump out of bed and take that test--and as I did I sort of thought to myself "This is silly and a waste of a test, it's going to be negative so why not just leave it in the cabinet and just go on with your day?" But it was too late at this point--my curiosity and what I thought was just a silly gut feeling had gotten the best of me. So I carried on, grabbing the test from the cabinet and headed to the bathroom to take it. In the short 3 steps to the bathroom, I justified to myself that the negative test would in fact serve a purpose and not be a waste of money---it was going to serve as a piece of mind for our off-roading trip the next day because I would know for sure that I wasn't pregnant and wouldn't have to worry about anything. So I sat down to take the test just to serve as a piece of mind and that's about where my thoughts ended--well for a few seconds anyways! The moments that would soon follow were going to be life changing! Shocking! Pure craziness!
I think before I could even sit the test strip down the very dark result line had already appeared in the results window telling me that----I was----pregnant?!? Wait! What? I think I had to kind of do the blink the eyes, shake the head, and look again kind of thing. Then I studied the "answer key" real closely; because I had to have misread it the first time, right? Wrong! I definitely read it right the first time---it said I was PREGNANT! Well then I thought that perhaps the kroger brand was defective so I jumped in the truck and headed to the store--I found a name brand test and was in and out in a split second--I was a girl on a mission! I arrived home a few minutes later and quickly made my way to the 'testing site' to give it another try! And just like that first test--the results were very quickly and very darkly displayed in the results screen--there it was, right in front of my face, I was in fact PREGNANT!! It was if that word jumped of the test stick and danced around in front of my face--I just watched in shock! I was pregnant, having a baby, going to be a mom, Matthew and I were going to be parents, we were going to have a baby, holy cow!!
...................................Now to tell Matthew that he was going to be a daddy................................................
No comments:
Post a Comment