I absolutely love my job as a homemaker, housewife, soon to be stay-at-home mom, and babysitter!!
 |
| love it, i tell ya |
Now that Matthew is back at work, we've returned to our early to bed early to rise schedule. He's usually out the door and on his way a little before 5:30. Every now and then I'll sleep for another hour or so before getting up but usually because it's so light out now at that time and our house is full of natural light I am up for the day too. First things first says baby--must pee and must eat!! Once that is all taken care of then I get right to work! And trust me, there's plenty of work to be done around here. And by plenty I mean like 3-4 months worth of things I slacked on while I was dealing with morning sickness and of course during all of our travels.
The main level is finally back to the way I like it--very tidy and clean!! Makes me happy. Everything is in it's place and everything has been scrubbed. Each morning I tend to the main level first--sometimes its just finishing up a couple things that were left over from the night before or just putting in a load of laundry and sometimes I spend six hours cleaning and prepping veggies, freezing extra veggies that were on sale, making lunches for Matthew to take to work, baking sweet treats, and doing what I can ahead of time to prepare for dinner that evening.
 |
| cutting, chopping, prepping |
 |
| cleaning spinach takes forever |
 |
| frozen bell peppers & celery for later use |
 |
| salad fixin's ready to toss in a bowl |
 |
| very yummy fruity pebbles treats |
 |
| an unusual sight but sometimes necessary |
And once all the work on the main level is done then I move on to other things--like cleaning out and reorganizing the closets in the guest room and craft room so that somehow two full closets can become one (as the guest room will become the guest/craft room and the craft room will become the nursery), sorting through the ridiculous amounts of papers/mail/coupons/magazines/etc that we have accumulated but done nothing with, grocery shopping and prepping for the nine guests that will soon arrive (yayyyy), and other fun things like that. Soon I'll be caught up and my house will be in a state of organization and cleanliness that I approve of and I then I plan to partake in some crafty madness! :)
I love my job(s) and I love that I am now feeling a gazillion times better and can once again be good at what I do---and I'm sure my husband is too!
No comments:
Post a Comment