I've been working hard to move the majority of my storage units contents before calling in the movers for the big stuff! I'm on my fifth trip now--and boy oh boy how my body feels it! But I'm enjoying it! Because after all- no pain no gain, right?!
"where there's a will there's a way"
I (and a couple of my friends) have managed to do/move things that I, nor anyone else I'm sure, could ever have thought possible! You should see some if the things that have been lifted, or some of the things caught one handed falling from above the head, or the sheer amount of household goods moved by two tiny wives (with my muscels being almost nonexistent...for real) or how about the fact that as many couples or groups of people were in and out of their unit in 30 minutes...I myself forged on with the "keep on keeping on attitude" as I continued to work for hours moving little by little convinced that I could in fact do this with little to no help...guess what...I can!!! We can!!!
With the help of 2 friends, in a matter of 3 days, and 8 pick-up truck loads later-- my storage unit is almost empty!!! After probably only one more trip tomorrow- all that will be left are the large items like washer, dryer, mattresses, dresser, tv stand, table, and work bench (of which I will hire movers to do).
I'm not without battle wounds but am proud to say that I have almost moved an entire house!!!! :) Then on to the unpacking and making this house a home!! I am surprisingly thrilled with the challenge that lie ahead of me and plan on rockin' it like a super star...or like super woman!!
No comments:
Post a Comment