23 December 2010

Christmas Eve Eve

Although Matthew couldn't be here for the holidays this year I still made sure I was there to be a part of the annual Christmas Eve Eve party at this parents house. It was just as much fun as always and a great time was had by all--at least I think so! :) I know I surely did! There was of course the ache in my heart that longed for my husband to be there by my side; but life is what we make of it and I was determined to make the best of this holiday season despite our given situation. I will mark this one down in the book as a success! It wouldn't have been such a success though without the support of such wonderful family and friends...so thank you all!

Thank you Matthew for being all that you are--it's as simple as that--you make everything better--you make everything worth it--near or far you make each day wonderful and this day was no different.  Thank you Mom, Dad, and Brittany for coming along with me (and for being my ride so that I didn't have to worry about winter weather driving)! Thank you to the Bain's for adding to the greatness of it all. And last but certainly not least--thank you soo soo much to my in-laws (Kirk, Jennifer, Kirk, Kim) and my adorable niece for such a wonderful Christmas celebration. I enjoyed ever moment of my night and was happy to get to spend those special moments with you! Thank you for everything--awesome gifts included!! I loved everyone of them and it's hard to chosse a favorite gift but for the sake of adding a bit of spice to this post I will choose and say that two of my favorite things were:


the most perfect wallet everrrr from Kirk,  Kim, & Sienna
picnic basket from Kirk & Jennifer that I realllly wanted













and I bet Matthew would choose:


matthew's first welder from him mom & dad
our super awesome off-road guide from Kirk, Kim, & Sienna













And keeping with the pick two theme---my two favorite moments of the night (that I can think of off the top of my head were:


the ever so exciting gift exchangeeee
our beautiful niece & her osu outfit that she seemed to loooove



No comments: