21 November 2010

Handy Dandy Jewelry Kit


So a while back I bought a jewelry making kit because I love to make things! I made my friends bracelets, I made myself bracelets...and then... the kit just sat there. But ahh...it finally got some use again this past weekend!! And I was so glad I had that handy dandy jewelry kit hanging around!


It was girls night and I had just about 10 minutes until it was time to head out the door- I was pretty much ready just the final touches left...you know, the perfume, the last check of your hair, and the accessories.
I looked around my room wondering which accessories I should wear?!? Ahh yes, the necklace I bought while in the Bahamas!! Now, I'm well aware that this isn't a necklace made from some special hand crafted beads or anything but I still got it in the Bahamas so it makes me happy to wear it! But I hadn't found the right outfit to wear it with since I'd bought it back in May because it was sort of an odd length- I thought though that it might work with the shirt I had on since it wad pretty low cut...I was finally going to get to wear it..I tried it...but too long. Darn it, I thought...when am I ever going to get to wear this darn necklace?

As I looked at it in the mirror I bunched the back up a bit and brought it up to a length that would work... I liked it! Ohh if only! Then it dawned on me! I could make it that length if I wanted to! I sort of risked having to re-bead the whole thing if I were to mess it up but I figured I'd give it a try and see how it worked! So with like 2 mintues left before I had to walk out the door I whipped out my handy dandy jewelry kit, cut the necklace in two and did a little of this and a little of that and...voila! Wore my necklace out for girls night that night and am wearing it again today! So glad I altered it a bit and so glad I had my jewelry kit to do so at the last minute! :)

No comments: