08 October 2010

No More "R-word"

Those of  you who know me- know that I DO NOT like the "r-word"! It hurts me to even read it, I cringe when I hear someone say it, I try my best to respectfully advocate for its removal from other's vocabulary and when my husband is around he takes care of that for me...he explains to them that I/we do not like that word and tries to explain to them the best that he can why it is wrong...and he does a wonderful job at it! Thank you, Matthew! You are amazing in so many ways!!

I don't dislike the use of that word because it offends me in a personal way but I dislike it because it is hurtful and offensive to so many people out there. So many people that are deserving of more respect that what that horrid word offers to them. I dislike it because it is hurtful to my uncle, it is hurtful to my neighbor, it is hurtful to all those wonderful individuals that I have worked with over the years. It is hurtful to the ones who love them and care about them. It is just plain hurtful! So please, for the sake of so many people, stop using the "r-word"! 

 Please visit this link to learn more about stoping the use of the "r-word"!!


And for those of you who do try not to use the "r-word" but slip sometimes and then say sorry-- I respect that! Thank you for trying!! :)

And I am always willing to learn and try to keep an mind open- so if there's a word you don't like...educate me and teach me why I should no longer use it. (Heather- I know what word you don't like...and I do try not to use it even if it doesn't seem like it).

No comments: