So after learning this morning that my husband was delayed another 12.5 hours I forced myself back to sleep hoping to quickly pass unwanted hours between then and the time that I would finally get to see him. Success!! I managed to take about a 4 hour nap. Then I decided that I should probably get up and get the rest of the things on my to-do list finished so that when he finally called with the good news I was good and ready for his arrival. So I got up, got ready, and headed to the grocery store---for my first full out shopping trip in seven months.
For I have been blessed with the chance to enjoy the good home cooking of my momma so far this deployment! And now after my grocery shopping trip I am even that much more thankful to have given up my kitchen duties, to the enjoy delicious prepared meals, and having my mom yell up to my room to tell me it's ready. I have been living the life I tell you! Thank you Matthew for providing me with the life you do and wanting whatever is best for me, thank you parents for welcoming your married daughter back into her childhood home, and thank you momma for providing me with yummy food!!! I am so grateful for all that I have been given!! And I knew all along I was grateful but wow--this shopping trip sure did remind me to make sure I say thank you more often.
I successfully made it to the store and back, found most of what I was looking for, and can still nail the bill right close to my grocery budget like it's my job! And perhaps this time I only got things to last us half the time it usually does but I made sure I got a lot of extra special goodies for Matthew!! He's going to be in heaven when he walks through our hotel door!! Treats galore! Gift baskets! And so much more! Ahh- I will be able to look at him, touch him, and say to him "welcome home, my love!!!" GLORIOUS!!
For now I am off to create things out of these groceries I bought--let's see if I've still got it! Much to my advantage--he'll probably think anything is good compared to what he's been eating these last seven months...haha! But I'm not looking for good--I'm looking for perfect, delicious, amazing--so I better get busy! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment