04 October 2010
Amish Country
Saturday, October 2nd- my Aunt Jackie and I spent the day visiting the Amish shops and other neat little places along the way (I of course had my phone in my hand with frequent espn updates charming in to let me know what was going on---and because my phone was serving that purpose I suppose I forgot it could also serve to take photos of our day out and about in Amish country) which was just great, by the way! I loved looking at all the hand-made items. Their skills are amazing and their ideas great--some of which I might attempt to create my own similar version and others I will just have to save up the money to buy! My most favorite part of the visiting the Amish stores was to daydream of the future--like the furniture I someday want when we are rich and have a weekend cabin up in the mountains or the wooden toys I want our future children to have because I would much prefer that over the plastic stuff from department stores--because its fun, it's different, and I like it!! I want them to have things like wooden trucks, strollers, etc! I want vintage, I want unusual, I want homemade, and of course a few classics! Oh and this is the sort of furniture I was daydreaming over for that future cabin of ours--you know--when we're rich (haha)! A girl can dream! And dream I do--I have big dreams, extravagant dreams, and it's fun!! Just like Amish Country was!! Thanks Aunt Jackie for such a lovely day out and about!! I loved it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment