16 September 2010

TODAY IS HALFWAY

Today marks the halfway point in Matthew's deployment to Iraq! Twenty-six weeks down and twenty-six weeks to go--feels like quite the accomplishment, really! It's kind of like hiking up a big mountain- at the beginning we were full of energy and enthusiastic about it all but as the time passed us by we started to tire yet trudged on because (well with deployments) we have no other choice...well today Matthew and I have reached the top of the mountain we've been climbing for six long months! It's beautiful up here! I can look back and smile knowing we made it here, we made it this far, and we're doing good! I can also look down at what's ahead and smile knowing that's all we have left- the end of this deployment is now in sight!! Ahh, what a relief today is!! I've decided that today will be named Happy Halfway Day!! Whoo hoo!! :)

No comments: