18 September 2010

Good Morning and Go Bucks!

So as I lay here awake in my bed at 8:30 on a Saturday morning, enjoying the cool air that's coming in my window requiring me to keep covered with my blanket, I can't help but wish I were still a student at The Ohio State University!! I can't help but wish that just like back then (only a couple years ago) that I needed to be getting up, gearing up, and heading to the shoe!! It's one of my top ten favorite places to be!! It brings a smile to my face, a beating to my heart, and chills to my body to think of that beloved place here upon this earth- to think of the many fans there bleeding scarlet and grey just like yourself, to think of the moment when you hear the music strike and out marches the best damn band in the land, to think of the "donggggg" of the bell on a third down and the rowdy cheering that follows, and to think of Carmen Ohio playing after a sweet Buckeye victory...ahh... those are just a few of the many things that make it the experience it is. Those are just a few of the things that make my heart ache for it to be my reality again- five years of it just wasn't quite long enough (maybe I should have done med school there instead of a regular old bachelors/masters program-that would have bought me a little more time, right?) Ahh maybe someday! Maybe someday it can be another short lived reality of life for Matthew and I! Maybe we can make a pit stop in Columbus, Ohio for a couple years before retiring to Colorado- wouldn't that be just dreamy- yes so very dreamy for a Buckeye!! I love being a Buckeye and I love that my husband and I share that commonality! It makes life, especially football season (oh this beloved time of year) that much sweeter! Thanking my lucky stars for my life- for not only getting to live as a Buckeye but also as the wife of a fellow Buckeye!! :) Life is grand!
With only three hours left until kick off I think I need to get up, gear up, and be ready to cheer on my Buckeyes (and keep my husband updated as he won't be able to watch from Iraq today) guess I'll just have to double my duty and cheer twice as much! With that being said... I'll leave this post with an "OH" --"IO" and "GO BUCKS"!!!!!

No comments: