24 January 2010

Army Supply Room

Matthew has used his upcoming deployment as an excuse to turn our formal dining room into an Army supply room and I --the one who tries to keep the house spic and span-- am trying to act as if it doesn't bother me the least bit...haha! I guess having army gear as the focal point of the whole main level isnt really that bad. After all, the packing has begun and soon enough I'll be thinking back and would give anything to just have him here with me...even if that means having all his things scattered about. When I glance over at the mess- I remind myself that I am just thankful to have him here and refer back to the book on my night stand that tells me "don't sweat the small stuff." For now I'm not sweating the mess and am just counting it all as a blessing--and I have most certainly been blessed!! <3







3 comments:

Mom said...

Is there going to be room for everyone else's supplies? haha How's he gonna carry all that stuff?

Tara Strohman said...

those are some good questions! maybe you should chat about that with him :)

Anonymous said...

You are a good Army Wife.

Aunt Jackie