Veterans Day is for thanking all men and women who have served honorably in the military during times of war and peace. Not to forget the brave spouses and children that also make great sacrifices so that their loved one can serve for the freedom of others. Thank you to all those who pay the price!
As I sit here alone, far from family and friends, with my husband away at training unable to speak with him, I think about all the great sacrifices that the men and women in uniform and their loved ones must make and couldn't be more thankful for all those brave souls! I'll tell you, it isn't always easy but I am one proud military wife and so lucky to be married to my hero! I have been spending my days and sometimes nights with other army wives and some of their children- and these amazing women and wonderful children know what it's like to pay the price, we know that freedom isn't free! And I am so grateful to all those who do give up so much so that we can continue to live our lives in the land of the free and the home of the brave!! I ask that you too think about all those sacrifices made by so many individuals so that you all may enjoy nights in bed with your loved one by your side, so that you may hear the words "I love you" coming from the mouth of your significant other each day, so that your children can have both mommy and daddy with them for holidays and birthdays, so that you're not sitting at the dinner table each night alone, and that you have someone to laugh with--all those little things are such grand things and are things that military families don't always get to enjoy! Don't take the little things like that for granted and please be sure to thank those who serve, not only today on Veteran's Day but any chance you get!!
Much thanks to all those who sacrifice and special thanks to my wonderful husband for his own sacrifices!!
[[Matthew, I love you and am so proud to be your wife- wouldn't have my life any other way!! Miss you and am anxiously awaiting your return!! All my love, this day and always!! ]]

No comments:
Post a Comment