19 October 2009

Pikes Peak


We finally got to get out and do some fun exploring around our new home town. Yesterday, which was a gorgeous day might I add, we headed up to Pikes Peak. It was 80*F down here and 38*F up at the top--quite a difference. I hated to be missing out on the warm weather but could you imagine what it would have been like at the top if it wasnt so warm at down here at home!?! Whew! We had an absolute blast making our way to the top and enjoying the views! We even fit in a couple of geocaches and had a packed lunch up at the summit!! We drove up yesterday but you can also take the cog-railroad or hike it! Our goal before we leave here is to make it to the top in all of the three different ways. I'm a long way off from being able to hike it but I have a while, thankfully!! I can't wait to take our visitors up there to experience it for themselves- making the next ones on the list...Brooke, Heather, & Jessa (if the want to, of course)!!



1 comment:

Mom said...

looks beautiful!!! can't wait to see it myself.